SUMMARY: Hands-on creative professional with B2B and B2C marketing experience in the home furnishing industry.
Furniture First, Harrisburg, PA
Vice President of Communications 2011 – Present
Director of Marketing 2006 – 2011
Develop and implement Business to Business and Business to Consumer marketing initiatives in a variety of media. Cultivate service programs with third party providers to serve members’ marketing needs while returning annual rebate growth. Supervise a staff of three.
Creative Problem Solving, Writing & Design
- Developed private label programs, including label names, logos, point of sale gallery programs, and websites.
- Developed a “Find Your Style Quiz” including questions, answers and design recommendations based on user’s responses.
- Developed layout and wrote copy for multiple private label (B2C) websites.
Strategy, Organizing & Project Management
- Developed and implement social media strategy for company-managed B2B presence and B2C private label brands. Platforms include Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest.
- Developed strategy, project action plan, website organization, oversaw design and wrote copy for member and prospective member (B2B) websites. Scripted introductory videos for the website and worked with video production contractor to edit videos.
- Oversaw custom website and application development projects with a variety of web development companies.
- Established database structure and procedures for data entry, building a catalog of 14,000 items.
- Oversaw the development of consumer website (FurnitureFirst.com) including art direction, writing content and acquiring content from contracted writers.
- Developed communication strategies to inform stockholders of industry news and service programs.
- Developed agency account with email distribution provider.
- Developed program to provide lifestyle content newsletter program to help retailers build loyalty with their customers. Develop ongoing editorial calendar for newsletter content.
- Developed email append program to help retailers build their customer email list.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with business service providers and manage relationship.
- Wrote contracts and negotiated programs with service providers and furniture manufacturers.
- Regularly presented reports to membership of 206 retailers at general meetings, moderated panels of retailers in educational symposium.
- Training and presentations via GoToMeeting.
- Oversaw the visual theme and written content of Member Educational Symposium through all signage, promotion materials, event program and micro website.
- Provided direction and approval for product photo shoots at third party photography studio.
- Oversaw to the trade showroom, floor plan, signage and tagging.
Supervision & Collaboration
- Worked with Administrative and Merchandising Departments to solicit sponsorships for Member Educational Symposium.
- Worked with outside vendors to develop a National Furniture Sale that allows member retailers to leverage group buying power in a coordinated promotion.
- Worked with committees of business owners to develop programs to meet their needs.
- Mentored and Coached three directly reporting employees’ work in graphic design, creative article writing and business report writing.
American Signature, Inc., Columbus, OH
Senior Graphic Designer 2000-2006
Develop brand appropriate advertising communications for two retail furniture brands.
- Created style and layout for print advertisements in the form of circulars, direct mail promotions, newspaper and magazine ads.
- Created point of sale material including tags, signs, window graphics and brochures.
- Participated in development of brand strategy.
- Provided feedback and guidance to fellow designers.
- Consulted photography studio on aesthetics of product photography; style sets for in-house photography studio.
- Collaborated on creative concepts for promotions, including headline and copy writing.
- Coordinated material production with vendors, approve press samples.
- Developed administrative procedures to improve workflow.
Vocal Arts Resource Network, Columbus, OH
Administrative Development Director 1999-2000
Assist in the daily operations of non-profit arts organization.
- Developed materials for membership and annual fund drive.
- Wrote grant applications.
- Organized membership meeting and award ceremony.
- Wrote newsletter articles.
- Maintained website.
- Presented marketing paper at 23rd Annual Conference on Social Theory, Politics and the Arts.
- Developed strategic plan, with a group of colleagues, for Ohio State University Department of Sports and Recreation, Lane Avenue Park, to increase efficiency and revenues.
- Collaboratively established an independent, art and poetry limited edition publication at the Kansas City Art Institute.
- Curated and promoted fine art exhibitions of own work and work of others.
- Awarded academic scholarships: Silver Merit Scholarship, Kansas City Art Institute; Edith Baker Fine Art Materials Scholarship, Austin College; Academic Scholarship, Austin College
Master of Arts, Arts Policy & Administration, The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Printmaking, Kansas City Art Institute
References available upon request.